Did you know…
- Olive trees live between 300-600 years. The oldest is certified to be over 2,000 years old.
- Olive trees only flower after four years and only harvested after 15 years.
- Olive trees must be pruned regularly to encourage fruitfulness.
- Because cultivating the fruit can take so long, olive branches are pictures and offerings of peace and goodwill.
- Olive trees are evergreens.
- Olive oil is produced by pressing the fruit and is noted for its medical, nutritional, cosmetic, and fragrant benefits.
- Olive trees are grafted to combine the established root system of older trees with the fruitfulness of younger trees.
Can you make the connections?
But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever. – Psalm 52:8