The community of faith is responsible to create spiritual awareness, what the Old Testament calls “Fear-of-the-Lord”. The local church is to help its members stay focused on God. Next week is Jesus’ Passion Week. Your church family will be pulled in many directions. Here are 5 choices to help make this Easter more meaningful and God-filled:
- Maximize Palm Sunday. You don’t have to go “high church”. Do something that says, “The Resurrection Week started here…”
- Strategic Scripture Reading. Help your church read Jesus’ last week. I am also going to read Jesus, The Final Days to give me fresh perspective.
- Thursday Dinner. Gather in community, around food, and reflect on what Christ was about to endure for us.
- Friday Fast. Set aside food for more focused prayer and meditation. You can even carry this until Resurrection Sunday!
- Sunday Celebration. Don’t do too much on Resurrection Morning. Gather to sing, and sing a lot! Let the community of faith be the testimony of God’s life changing grace.
Each choice above is a spotlight that pulls people’s attention back home. It helps them see Jesus. It helps them turn down the world and focus. What will you do next week?